April 1st marks the beginning of National Safe Digging Month. South Carolina 811 is encouraging others to “dig safely” across the State. Below you will find ways in which we are celebrating and promoting 811 during the month.
SC811 Scavenger Hunt!
Participate in our SC 811 Scavenger hunt for a chance to win some great prizes!
Take a look at your first clue:
Welcome to the place where it all begins, Call 811 and you can’t help but win. Go to the location that houses the team that is able to help start all your digging dreams. When you arrive at your first spot, you will be sure to find, an item of much interest, so it pay it plenty of mind. This will begin your 811 scavenger hunt journey, so gather your things, and look around sternly! (Hint: Find the place that relates to 811 across from the mall with square in the name, and look for a SIGN to start your adventure!)
Safe Digging Month Planned Activities
(Due to weather and scheduling conflicts, some items are subject to change!)
During the month of April, we like to educate about the importance of safe digging.
Safe Digging Month from our Members
Are you doing anything to celebrate Safe Digging Month? If so, please send pictures and information to [email protected] and we will feature you on our social media pages.
Week of April 1st:
- Announcement of “Don’t Be Fooled” via social
- Press release re: National and State Safe Digging Month
- National Safe Digging Month Newsletter released
- Governor’s Proclamation presented by Lt. Governor
- Scavenger Hunt Launched
- Safety Consortium and All Other Confirmed Sponsors Announced
Week of April 8th:
- Debut of CGA Video Challenge Video on YouTube
- Debut of 2019 Free Banner Program
- Promotion of NY811’s New Call Center/Facility and dedication to safe digging
- Facebook Live- Safe Digging for Weekend Projects reminder
- Come See Me – Touch-A-Truck event (Rock Hill, SC)
Week of April 15th:
- Have you seen? 2019 Billboard graphic
- PA Team Photo- Get to know us!
- “Don’t Dig Blind” Video
- Promotion for Large Easter Egg Prize for Sunday, April 21st
- Carolina Garden World Sustainability Day (Spartanburg)
- Clue to find Large 811 Egg!
Week of April 22nd:
- Reminders that it is Locator Safety Awareness Week and Dig Safe Week
- Tentative Lunch and Learn with Public Awareness Team and Executive Director- What is SC811?
- #DigTipTuesday Promotion (with giveaway during FB Live promo)
- 7:00pm Facebook Live Event
- Safe Digging Tips
- HTC Green Fair (Conway)
- Locator Awareness Appreciation Day (event pending)
- Throwback Thursday
- National Arbor Day
- Touch A Truck (Anderson)
- Earth Day at Ocean Bay (Myrtle Beach)
- Lowes Promotional- Table at Lowes Home Improvement
Week of April 29th:
- Facebook Live- SC811 PA Team Heads to the Beach for the Joint SC/NC Utility Coordinating Conference