SC811 is South Carolina’s first stop for underground facility damage prevention.
Becoming a member with SC811 is the first step in creating a safe working environment for those involved with digging/excavating anywhere in South Carolina.
SC811 provides communication between the member utility companies and anyone with intent to excavate using voice or the web. The service is free to the excavator giving the incentive to notify SC811 of their digging intent. Once information is taken and mapped using the SC811 call center application a locate request notification is sent out to the affected SC811 members. Upon receiving the notification request the members with assets in the area will send personnel to locate and mark their underground facilities in the area of the excavation site.
Fee: $250 for Non-Members, Free for Members Annually
An M-User is a type of membership that is used as a tool. This is offered to companies that are planning out projects. This is typically used by engineering companies that do not need to submit locate notice but need to know what utility companies may be affected by upcoming excavation in the area. This tool is used for project planning purposes only.
Benefits For M-Users
- Has access to the Exactix system
- Can submit Design notices and secondary actions on those notices
Fee: Contact Membership for additional information
Fee: $1,200 Annually
Benefits For Private Locators
- Your company will be listed on our website and included in the information provided to any excavator that needs a private locator
- Direct access to your website by anyone who clicks on your hover link
Benefits For Vendors
- Your company will be listed on our website with a hover link that goes directly to your website.
- Opportunities to participate in the South Carolina 811 Safety Consortium
- Discounts to be a vendor at SC811 events through Vendor Sponsorship
Click the link below to lookup members by county.Member Information
Click the button below to update any membership related information.Update Member Info