Call or Click Before You Dig!
Safe digging is everyone’s responsibility. It’s a free service to notify SC811 of your planned excavation to help prevent damages that may result in fines, utility service interruption and injury – even death. Please see the information below that details how to excavate safely.
5 Steps to Safe Digging
- Request a locate. Fill out this form or call 811 to request for your lines to be marked.
- Wait the required amount of time. For normal notice tickets, you must wait three full business days, not including the day you requested your locate.
- Check positive response (call 811 or 888-721-7877) to ensure that all the lines at your dig site have been marked.
- Respect the marks. Keep your marks in tact and call for a re-mark if the marks are destroyed by weather or other construction related activity.
- Dig carefully around buried utilities.